Role & Responsibilities
Do you like the idea of helping build a health technology business from the ground up but with the backing of a 35-year-old company, known as the motion capture industry gold standard, who’s average employee tenure is 8+ years?
If you have the right blend of drive, empathy, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may be the right Sales Representative for IMeasureU. If you are passionate about the intersection of health, science, technology and its ability to help humans rehabilitate and stay healthy this may be the right opportunity for you. Naturally, you will be a high performer yourself and have a proven track record of achievement.
In this role you will help mold the future of applied biomechanics in Research and Orthopedics. Our devices aren’t gadgets – they’re next generation wearable sensors, software and services backed by science and the world’s leading motion capture company – read about Vicon’s 2017 acquisition of IMeasureU HERE.
2 monumental clinical industry shifts, remote patient monitoring and patient generated data, are driving reduced costs and better patient outcomes. This role at IMeasureU is all about enabling this shift via research grade wearable sensors and software that deliver precise, personalized, patient centric movement insights.
You will be working with North American customers including biomechanics and clinical researchers, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapist and their patients. You will be an agent of change, enabling rehabilitation to:
• move outside the lab / hospital into the field / home
• transition from subjective patient-reported outcomes to objective patient-generated outcomes
Your success will be underpinned by your ability to identify & connect with customers and build trust by seeking to understand
and empathize with their daily research and clinical challenges, both remotely and face to face.Primary commercial responsibilities will be to close new business in the North American Biomechanics Research and
Orthopedics markets, by generating qualified leads, assessing customer-product fit via discovery calls and web demonstrations,
organizing product trials, generating quotes, and ultimately selling 3-year contracts to IMeasureU’s unique movement insights.You will be able to think strategically about clinical, research, product, and technology challenges and map the intersection of
customer needs and IMeasureU priorities. The ideal candidate will have worked in the Biomechanics or Clinical research markets
and have excellent customer empathy, engagement, and communication skills. It will also be important to have the technical capability to quickly grasp our sensor and software technology and map that to how it can reduce clinical costs and improve patient outcomes.
- Research customers, find and engage decision-makers and budget authority, understand customer problems, qualify fit, book discovery call/webinar, set up product trials, and close 3-year subscription deals.
- Originate win-win relationships with universities, hospitals, and orthopedic clinics
- Relentlessly grow global sales pipeline
- Month on month qualified prospect growth
- Understand customer requirements and industry trends and feed that back constantly to our product team
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Clear understanding of North American Biomechanics Research and Orthopedics markets
- Proven ability to grasp and apply technology to problems
- Proven ability to bring a new product to market
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in science, engineering, or business
- Experience working with Clinical and or Biomechanics Researchers
- Experience working in a Biomechanics Lab, Orthopedic Hospital, or Clinic
- History of year on year inside sales quota overachievement
- Software as a Service sales experience
- Salesforce or other CRM experience
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Category: Sales
Department/Group: IMeasureU Reports to Business Development Director
Travel Required: Yes, when appropriate
Level/Salary Range: $50-$60K + commission
HR Contact: Lynn Lyle
Start Date: April 2021
IMeasureU, Inc., is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc, a public company founded in 1984 with a proven track record of growth, financial stability, technical innovation, and long-term customer relationships. We are an equal opportunity employer.