Are you someone who is passionate about working with products that improves people’s lives? Join us!
Here at IMeasureU (IMU), we have developed inertial sensors and a software platform that precisely quantifies body movement and workload metrics of professional athletes, working closely with globally recognised professional teams. Having joined forces with Vicon, the world leader in precision motion capture, working at IMU means you’ll develop an intimate knowledge of inertial sensors, motion capture and tracking systems from our office in Kingsland, Auckland.
Your main role will be using your attention to detail and passion for health and fitness to validate new algorithms and metrics for new and existing products. Working with our development team, you will help identify opportunities to test and stretch our products in real-world scenarios, improving customer experiences and helping a wide range of people around the world.
- Collaborating with design, development and engineering teams both locally and remotely
- Creating effective strategies and test plans
- Writing test cases and algorithms to validate software and hardware
- Executing test cases and analyse results
- Reporting bugs and errors, as well as help troubleshoot issues
- Degree(s) in Biomechanics, Biomedical engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or a related quantitative field or comparative experience.
This suits a person who is/has:
- Either commercial QA experience OR postgraduate degree in Life Sciences or a related field
- An inquisitive natured person with strong exploratory skills
- Tenacity in identifying underlying root causes of problems
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, be organised and have time management skills
Strong candidates have experience with and be able to:
- Design, research and implement ways to create and validate algorithms
- Label and manipulate data and draw insights from large datasets
- Communicate effectively with both verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English
- Understand physiology, human movement and anatomy
Great if you have experience in:
- Investigating and keeping abreast of new research methodologies within industry and academia
- Use of Inertial Measurement Units or Optical Motion Capture, ideally Vicon!
- Cloud computing technology such as AWS & Azure
- Mobile device testing
- Code & test management software such as GitHub, Jira and TestRail
- Use of Python, MATLAB or other scientific languages
- Best practices in software and system integration QA
- Creation, execution, review and updating of test cases
- Executing functional, regression testing and exit testing
- Experience with using EMG, force plates, GPS and other measurement tools
- Experience using testing frameworks such as Selenium, Mocha or pytest